We know privacy is very important to you and so it is also very important to us. Here you can read how we process data and information that you share with us on jaacoo.com, of Jaacoo GmbH, Jaacoo GmbH, Stadtwaldguertel 13, 50935 Köln, Germany, Tax number 214/5809/1487
1. Personal Data
Jaacoo seeks to create a safe and comfortable platform for its users. We guarantee the confidentiality of any personal data we collect or you provide and that it is adequately protected against access by unauthorized persons. We ensure that all security measures and personal data protection required by provisions of the Act on the Protection of personal data are taken.
For you to use Jaacoo effectively we collect personal information from you, as listed below:
- Account and Profile Information: When you sign up to your Jaacoo Account we ask you to provide certain information, including your first name, last name, profile picture and e-mail address.
- Additional profile information: For you to easily interact with other students and teachers we also ask you to provide information on what you want to teach and what you want to learn, additionally to your date of birth, your gender and your general location (city and country) and your preferred languages. You can also provide a description of your experience and other personal details. This information will be published on your profile and be visible to others.
- Opportunity Information: When creating an opportunity, if you want to teach offline, we may ask you to provide a date and location for the course. We also encourage people to upload photos.
- Communications with Jaacoo and other users: When you communicate with Jaacoo or use the Jaacoo platform to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Providing personal data is always voluntary, but necessary in order to create an account, join opportunities, interact with other users, sign up for a newsletter, make a complaint or contact us. You can delete your account at anytime, making it no longer publicly accessible but a record of it will be kept in our databases.
We also collect some information from you automatically:
- Geo-location Information: When you use certain features of Jaacoo, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data and Device Information: We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use Jaacoo, even if you have not created a Jaacoo Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used Jaacoo (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data and cookie data. Server logs are stored solely for the purposes of administration of the Website. Their content is not revealed to any other entity beside persons authorized to administer the server. We store log data which is available to Intercom, Sendgrid and Amplitude.
With your permission, we will also collect information from third parties:
- Third Party Services: If you link, connect, or login to your Jaacoo Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, WeChat), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information, including photos. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings on that platform.
2. How we use the information we collect
We use, store and process all your information to allow us to provide the best learning and teaching community possible:
- Allowing you to access and use the platform, while communicating with other users and receiving update, alerts and notifications.
- Helping us develop, improve and optimize Jaacoo through research and analytics.
- Enabling us to provide costumer service, respond to your needs and personalize your experience.
- Advertising: we are able to send your personalized advertising, marketing and promotional messages based on your preferences.
- Social Media: We actively encourage you to share your opportunities created on Jaacoo on other social media, but this is only done with your explicit consent.
- Sharing with Other Users: The information you wish to share with other Jaacoo users is completely up to you and can be controlled through your privacy settings and what your choose to upload to the platform.